Indiana offers eight Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) programs that target specific groups. HCBS programs allow members to live in a community setting and avoid institutional placement. To be eligible for any HCBS program, you must meet Medicaid guidelines and HCBS program-specific eligibility guidelines.
Bureau of Disabilities Services (BDS) provides services for individuals with developmental disabilities that enable them to live as independently as possible in their communities.
Download BDS Office locations to contact for more information and any questions about Medicaid Waiver.
Download Information Sheet instructions to help fill out the online Medicaid Waiver application.
Download fillable and printable, Medicaid Waiver Application to mail to your local BDS District office.
More information about Medicaid Waiver
Family Supports Waiver (FSW)
Community Integrative and Habilitation Waiver (CIH)
Eligible individuals may receive authorized waiver services in conjunction with Traditional Medicaid. Authorized waiver services may include:
- Adult Day Services
- Case Management
- Extended Services
- Facility-Based Habilitation – Group
- Facility-Based Support Services
- Intensive Behavioral Support
- Occupational Therapy
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Prevocational Services
- Recreational Therapy
- Speech/Language Therapy
- Workplace Assistance
- Behavioral Support Services
- Community-Based Habilitation – Group
- Community-Based Habilitation – Individual
- Facility-Based Habilitation – Individual
- Family & Caregiver Training
- Music Therapy
- Participant Assistance and Care (PAC)
- Physical Therapy
- Psychological Therapy
- Specialized Medical Equipment & Supplies
- Transportation Services