Position: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Capacity: Typically, part-time 15 to 20 hours monthly; with 2 to 3 weeks during the summer of approximately 40 hours a week
Organization: Autism Community Connection
Description: The Program Coordinator will lead the young adult small groups and summer teen program by providing creativity, leadership, and excellence in running the programs.
Summer teen program – Actively participate in development of curriculum, training, and supervising staff, actively participate during each summer session, ensure all appropriate supplies/materials are available and ensure the safety of all participants and staff to ensure an enriching experience for summer program participants.
Small Groups – Plan and facilitate activities / meetings / outings for a small group of individuals with autism intended to foster friendships and increase independent living skills, community involvement, and job-related skills. This position will require about 3-4 hours per month per group.
- Planning logistics and curriculum for summer program
- Supervision of staff and volunteers during summer program
- Actively participate during summer program on location
- Maintaining proper paperwork on all participants
- Resolve problems during programs
- Recruit participants for small groups
- Coordinate and schedule activities / outings / group meetings for small group participants on a routine basis (e.g., monthly)
- Supervise all participants during small group activities and outings
- Ensure high quality activities / outings as well as safety for all participants
- Communicate updates with parents and participants
- Able to plan for in-person or online activities for each group
- Perform other related duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
21 years of age or older
Valid Indiana Driver’s License with 6 points or less
Reliable transportation to meet individuals at a community location
Proof of auto insurance
Ability to lead, plan, and implement programs
Ability to effectively interact with individuals with special needs
Ability to multi-task and exhibit good judgement
Ability to adhere to annual budget
Strong organizational and communication skills
Works well in a team environment
Basic computer skills
If you are interested in this position please send your cover letter and resume to Kelli Higgins, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Download Program Coordinator Position