Position: Program Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Capacity: Part-time – up to 8 to 12 hours monthly, potentially 40 hours for 3 weeks in June
Organization: Autism Community Connection
The Program Assistant will assist the Program Coordinator by providing support for the young adult program and facilitate summer teen program.
Young Adult Program – assist the Program Coordinator to facilitate activities / meetings / outings for young adults with autism. The program is intended to foster friendships and increase independent living skills, community involvement, and job-related skills.
Summer teen program – actively participate during each summer session, ensure all appropriate supplies and materials are available for each day of the program, follow the summer curriculum that will be provided, ensure the safety of all participants and staff.
- Actively participate during all young adult group activities / meetings / outings
- Help supervise all participants during young adult outings
- Actively participate during all summer sessions during June
- Ensure safety of all summer participants and staff
- Following planned curriculum and making sure supplies are ready for each session
- Perform other related duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
18 years of age or older
Reliable transportation to participate at community location
Ability to support, help plan, and implement programs
Ability to effectively interact with individuals with special needs
Ability to multi-task and exhibit good judgement
Strong organizational and communication skills
Works well in a team environment
Basic computer skills
Download Program Assistant Job Description.
If you are interested in this position, email your cover letter and resume to Kelli Higgins, Executive Director at email@example.com.