Develop friendships • Use public transportation
• Build simple skills • Exercise • Fun
In the interest of health and safety, we regret to announce the cancellation of this year’s “My Summer Journey” day camp for teens on the Autism spectrum. We were all looking forward to this joint venture between Autism Community Connection and Sycamore Services, Inc., and the opportunity the camp would provide to serve teens in our community.
We know the cancellation is disappointing to parents and teens, but with so many unknown variables related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we think cancellation is best to protect the health of our campers and families served. If you have any questions about the camp or future opportunities, contact Kelli Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org. We wish you and your family all the best.
My Summer Journey is a summer day program for kids on the autism spectrum, ages 13-19. Our fun-filled days help keep kids in a routine that can make the transition back to school much easier. All the activities will be led by trained staff and will incorporate a variety of life skills in a fun learning environment. .
Individuals who will benefit from My Summer Journey:
- Enjoy and are successful in small group settings. The participant to counselor ratio is 3:1.
- Can participate in group activities for 10-15 minutes.
- Possess communication skills to express wants and needs.
- Are independent with personal hygiene.
- Do not require 1:1 behavioral support.
- Are not a flight risk.
ACC will be partnering with Sycamore Services to offer My Summer Journey.